Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Transforming Church in Rural America

I just finished a great book called, "Transforming Church in Rural America" by Shannon O'Dell. I have read many books on transforming the church, but this one is far and above the best I have ever read. I hope that every pastor will read this book. It holds encouragement, hope, and vision for the rural church.

Shannon weaves his personal story into a step-by-step roadmap for transforming the church, from growth and how to generate that growth, to evangelism. He gives you steps for transformation and ways to implement those steps, but more than that, he gives you the encouragement that you can do it if you are persistent and can stand in the gap with God and endure the arrows of change that will fly your way. One of my favorite lines in the book is, "Small doesn't have to mean boring." This is a five star book, a must read for every pastor who follows Biblical principals for the church.

No comments: